Friday, August 19, 2005

The other half

Via Salon's Daou Report, I'd like to recommend two links. I admit that I have a very hard time understanding the rationales & thought processes of the right wing. And, to my shame, I find that the more intolerance I see from their end, the more intolerant I become of them, and I don't like it. It shames me deeply to realize that these people, under the guise of a warped patriotism, are racist, bigoted and generally mis-informed on every issue that comes to mind. These people are my fellow Americans. They are supporting a war criminal who has hijacked the highest office in this country. They are vengeful and bloodthirsty. It shames me that my country could produce people like that. The sooner that China takes its rightful place atop the heap (it's actually already there, aided strongly by the inept and criminally incompetent current regime), and the sooner America is marginalized as a former world power without teeth or claws, the better. Thanks to people like this and this, we deserve nothing else.

the concept that Iraq only became a terrorist haven after our liberation of the country is a rather idiotic leftwing talking point

keep killing 'em W - it's why I voted for u!!!

Deep down inside, when most Americans saw this reported in the news, we were like — so what? We lost hundreds and made fun of a few prisoners. Sure, it was wrong, sure, it dramatically hurts our cause, but until captured we were trying to kill these same prisoners. Now we’re supposed to wring our hands because a few were humiliated?

Our compassion is tempered with the vivid memories of our own people killed, mutilated and burnt amongst a joyous crowd of celebrating Fallujahans.

If you want an apology from this American, you’re going to have a long wait!

This is America? What happened to the United States of the World War II years? The greatest generation has spawned this? God help us all.

No comments: